"one cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" - Virginia Woolf

"one cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" - Virginia Woolf

Friday 19 June 2015

Cafe Hopping & Coffee Shopping #2

The Coffee Shop Hopping continues! This time around, Cands & I visited Latitude 33, The Power & The Glory and Skinny Legs Café in Cape Town. Before I enlighten you on our awesome experiences, I thought I should quickly introduce us:

This is Candi Land. She is one of my oldest friends and housemate. She works at Topco Media in the CBD and when we can, during her lunch hour, we explore the coffee shops of Cape Town. She is a vibrant lady with a heart for adventure. She has been the perfect person to partner with in this venture as she always makes life so exciting.

I am Shan, the foodie and blogger. I only discovered my love for coffee in 2014 but since then I often wonder how I ever lived without it. Exploring restaurants and coffee shops everywhere and anywhere has to be one of my favourite things and I have loved sharing my experiences with all of you.

Our first coffee shop stop was at Latitude 33. This restaurant felt like home and I cannot wait to go back there! We made ourselves comfortable on one of the couches, near the fire, and fully relaxed while sipping on our honey nut latte & hot chocolate. The staff were super friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Our drinks were served with homemade biscotti which was absolutely delicious and readily welcomed by our bellies.
 
While cosing up on the couch, reading through the menu and appreciating our surroundings, we noticed two things: the coffee milkshake is the most popular order (even in winter!!) and the soups are phenomenal! The soups looked so appealing that I couldn't resist a take away Thai chicken soup which was super tasty.
 
 
 
I highly recommend this awesome spot on Bree street. The atmosphere is homey and above the restaurant is an awesome little clothes shop.

We believe that there secret to success is
the "lounge" that they create within the restaurant.


 
Our next stop was at The Power & The Glory - what a popular coffee shop!! We struggled to find seats in this vibrant corner café on Kloofnek.  The barrister at the bar greets you as you walk in and place your order before finding a seat. I ordered a cappuccino and homemade dateball and Cands had their Belgian cocoa.
 

The Cocoa was made of dark chocolate and was served with a marshmellow. At R22, I highly recommend this drink to anyone who gets the opportunity. It was divine!! The coffee was also delicious and only cost R18. The date ball, made from only nuts and dates, completed the experience - the perfect treat for those trying to be healthy.


 We believe their secret to success are the character-filled Le Creuset mugs that come in an assortment of funky colours - making the drinking experience all the more colourful.
 


Skinny Legs & All was our last stop on this leg of the journey (excuse the pun). The best way to describe this café is "simplicity".   White décor, unembellished tables and painting-filled walls. Nothing says clarity quite like Skinny Legs. In honour of today's winter sun, we opted against the coffee grain and ordered two delicious cold beverages. Candi ordered a fresh mint, lemon and ginger juice - which cleaned her palate like a bomb (quote, unquote) - and I ordered the raw chocolate shake made of Greek yoghurt, raw chocolate, banana and a little bit of honey. This creamy treat left me feeling guilt-free and satisfied.

We believe their secret to success is the alternative menu and healthy approach to eating and treating.

 
 
We are very excited for our next 3 stops:
  • Street Food on Bree
  • God's Army
  • Motherland
We can't wait to share these adventures with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment